We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Open Your Heart and Embrace Spirituality.
Allow yourself to connect with your higher self and your spiritual dimension. As Chardin says…we are spiritual beings and at times we may forget it. Join us in this meditation and allow yourself to live a more peaceful and loving life.
This class is led by Ligia M. Houben, MA, CGC, CPC, Cht. founder of The Center for Transforming Lives.
Ligia specializes in mindfulness, relaxation, and getting into profound meditative states, which helps you achieve a sense of calmness and joy. Having a masters degree in Religious Studies, she taught World Religions for many years at Miami Dade College expanding into spirituality and how to meditate in a mindful way. One of the Noble Eightfold Path in Buddhism is right mindfulness.
Even if you have never meditated before, this class is easy to follow and totally focused on your needs. You make it happen and you learn how to apply relaxing skills any time you may experience stress.
Throughout our meditation, we have minutes of silence so you embrace a deeper connection with your inner self and your spiritual guides.
SPONSORED BY ALLIANCE FOR AGING. FREE EVENT. REGISTRATION IS NEEDED.APRIL 6-JUN 29 (no seminar on Saturday, May 25th).
This weekly seminar is for older adults who are experiencing losses in their life. You will have the opportunity to share how you feel and learn techniques to process past losses and deal with the transition you are experiencing now. The atmosphere is relaxed and caring. The seminar is led by the gerontologist and thanatologist Ligia M. Houben, MA, FT, CGC, CPC. Ligia has worked extensively with the older population and has a special care for them. Additionally, Ligia takes care of her 99-year-old beloved mother and the needs of older adults are very close to her heart. If you have an elder parent who needs to attend, please bring them. Based on The 11 Principles of Transformation, Ligia, who has specialized in grief, will help you change your suffering into honoring, your pain into empowerment, your frustration, into success. This powerful seminar has helped thousands of people transform their loss and transform their lives. It offers a step by step program that helps you embrace life after a loss. The seminar is a 12-week program, led by a grief expert. The seminar is limited to a small group. Participants are asked to commit to all 12 weeks – Saturdays, 2:00pm-3: 30 pm (no session scheduled on May 25)With generous grant sponsorship, The Alliance for Aging is able to offer this seminar at no cost (normally $397/participant).
Registration is required.
- 8 Week Seminar/Coaching Group From October 2 to November 11, 2019
- Strategies to Heal the Past, Change the Present and Transform the Future
- RSVP NECESSARY BY SEPTEMBER 17-SPACE LIMITED
- EARLY BIRD ENDS SEPTEMBER 11
If you are experiencing a loss in your life, you may feel alone. You may find yourself on a roller-coaster of emotions, experiencing pain, anger, fear, anxiety or hopelessness. You are grieving… Your life has changed because when there is a loss, there is always change. Still, inside of you, there are powerful resources that can help you transform that loss and transform your life.
If you lost a loved one, you can change your suﬀering into honoring.
If you are facing a divorce, you can change your pain into empowerment.
If you lost your job, you can change your frustration into success.
In this seminar that also has a coaching group format, we will be exploring different ways to help you feel empowered through loss with the system of The 11 Principles of Transformation. This system has helped thousands of people transform their loss and transform their lives. It oﬀers a step by step guide that helps you embrace life after a loss.
I will share with you tools that can help you find meaning, achieve breakthroughs, and build the life you want on the other side of loss or transition. I will show you a road-map that can help you find peace, healing and, recovery. My mission in life is to help people with the 11 Principles of Transformation®, which is the system I created to help you bounce back after a loss and find meaning and purpose. The principles were included in the self-help book Transform Your Loss. Your Guide to Strength and Hope which is included in this seminar.
On July 2nd we finished our 8-week program.
These are some of the beautiful comments people wrote on the evaluations:
- Ligia provided us with not only information but strategies that lead to the development of skills that will set me through the rest of my days.
- This has been the experience of a lifetime. Ligia truly loves her profession. No one has touched my heart as she has.
- Ligia was excellent. Extremely knowledgeable, kind and caring. I started this seminar in a not so favorable mindset and I am leaving the seminar in a very favorable mindset and ready to tackle my life with the skills that Ligia has taught me.
- Amazing experience! Wonderful people coming together to cope with grief. The seminar was informative, peaceful, safe, confidential and Ligia provided a warm and loving atmosphere.
- Honestly, Ligia rates a “10” out of 5 in every single category. Before this workshop, I tried different types of support groups that never made me feel better or fulfilled. After the 1st session with Ligia, I found myself wanting to come back week after week.
- This seminar impacted my life greatly. I have searched for something like this for so long and I could not be happier to have finally found it.
- This seminar is life-changing! With practice, I am confident that I will improve the quality of my life.
- Ligia is a wonderful facilitator, wonderful human being and compassionate. Please continue providing this training to more people.
- Great classes. Wonderful teacher.
- This has been instrumental for me. I look forward to having friends/family come to future workshops.
- Ligia is a well-skilled professional, she did an amazing job in helping get through my loss.
- I would also like to say that I have gotten more help out of this seminar that I have in the last couple of years of counseling I am still going to.
Contact Ligia M. Houben for more information: 305-666-9942/305-299-5370 or email@example.com